Here are some basic things to keep in mind when planning for the perfect birthday party:
- Allow a good solid four to five weeks for planning
- Follow the time line given in the checklist. This will help you stay on track and ensure you do not forget even the smallest detail.
- Choose early what types of foods or snacks you intend on serving. Make a list of all the ingredients you will need and attach it to your checklist.
- Decide on type of cake and if you are making it or purchasing one. If making the cake make sure to add the needed ingredients on your party food shopping list. If ordering, make sure you check with the bakery how soon the order needs to be in to receive the cake on time!
- If ordering party favors or gifts online, allow ample time for them to arrive prior to party.
- Have help enlisted early on and back ups in case someone has to back out for any reason.
- Typical party times are 1 P.M. to 3 P.M. or 2 P.M. to 4 P.M. unless you are really energetic go for the 1 P.M. to 4 P.M. For toddlers and under, the ideal party time is 10 A.M. to 11:30 A.M. Granted, there are those occasions where if you are renting a facility or using a sporting event, movie, or some other off site activity for the backdrop of the party you will be bound to times that are available to you. This can have its advantages and disadvantages but can still be workable.