· Children have a short attention span. Professional children entertainers are an invaluable resource in your party planning. A high quality magician, clown, or balloonist will be able to keep the children entertained for the duration of their show, and create a wonderful memories for the birthday child.
· Look in the free parenting magazines or the Yellow Pages under entertainers, magicians, or clowns or search the web.
· Ask a lot of questions. Is the show age-appropriate? How long is the show? Ask for specifics; if they can’t tell you about their show, the may just “wing it” each time they perform.
· Ask the performer for references and his/her experience.
· Contact the entertainer at least a month in advance. Quality performers are in high demand and you don’t want to miss out.
· Give the performer detailed directions and a contact phone number. If the entertainer doesn’t confirm a few days before the party, call with a friendly reminder.
· When the performer shows up for the party, be sure to introduce him/her to the birthday child. A good entertainer will make the birthday child the star of the show (have a camera ready). Relax and enjoy the show.